What to expect with Mindfulness practices
Mindfulness for everyday life
Catherine’s role is to serve as witness and facilitator of your developing awareness, emotional release and resilience. She supports you in returning to the present moment, where all life and healing takes place.
Gentle guidance through difficult emotional terrain
In sessions, Catherine can combine myofascial or craniosacral therapy with somatic guidance rooted in mindfulness. This approach provides a way of verbally processing during healing in hands-on or movement therapy. Whether one is working with awakening presence, dismantling habituated patterns, or healing painful experiences, body-mind awareness and verbal processing serve to move us through to a new view on this ever changing life.
Choices for session activities
- Incorporate awareness practices into bodywork sessions of myofascial or craniosacral therapy on a massage table. You can be guided in tracking experiences in your body-mind, and learn this skill for yourself. You may also subscribe to audio recordings of guided somatic meditations.
- Incorporate awareness practices into movement sessions such as developmental movement, Body Ready Method® or qigong
Develop your personal practice
Identify, create and gather your own internal and life resources to navigate day to day stresses or for processing difficult history. You may:
- Develop small somatic and mindful self care practices that can fit into your daily life at home or work.
- Enter into the fundamentals of mindfulness practices
- Learn qigong, an ancient healing practice of flowing movement drawing on the energy of the elements of nature for renewal and stability
- Practice chants to foster heart qualities, stability of mind and healing the hard stuff.
Referrals to teachers
Train with Western approaches or with Buddhist teachers to deepen your practice in compassion-wisdom and freedom from reactivity of the mind amidst the upheavals of life.